Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 1 Cont

We touched down in the Japanese International Airport around 4AM Eastern Standard time, which was about 5PM in Japan.   After making it through customs without any issues, we waited briefly in the lobby of the airport.  Before we hopped on the bus to our hotel, I was able to see my first Japanese bathroom.  With motorized sliding doors, and many many more buttons than seemed neccesary, I was able to successfully navigate it.  I see now what they were saying about the large about of electronics here, which are used in many many areas.
On the bus ride from the Airport, we were able to see some of the city as we came into the downtown area.  I was excited to see my tuner car while on the ride.  It was a modified Nissan FairladyZ33, which is also known as the 350z in America.  Sadly I wasnt able to snap a picture fast enough, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for other cars while I'm here, and hopefully visit an Auto Tuning shop or two.  Later on in the evening I was able to see my first Skyline here.  It was a sleek looking black Nissan Skyline R32 VSpecII, a beautiful all-wheel drive, twin turbo car which was never offered in Japan.
First experience with Japanese food!  We were lead to Ramen Noodle house by Paul and Keiko, and were able to enjoy some Ramen.  For about 800 yen, I was able to have a large bowl of Ramen with some marinated pork in it.   I dont know if it's becuase i'm hungry while writing this, but i'm already craving more of that tasty ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment