Friday, May 20, 2011

Sushi!

After almost 5 days in Japan, I finally had some authentic sushi!  Apparently there are 24 hour sushi restaurants in Tokyo, and we were able to enjoy some food there this early morning.  I've never had sushi for breakfast, but I had it this morning, and I'd gladly do it again.  Apparently sushi is a treat that can be enjoyed anytime of the day.  I chose a variety of sushi, some which ended up being better than others.  Squid for example is very chewy, and I don't think I'll ever order that again.  Red Snapper, scallops, and fatty tuna were all very delicious.  I'm looking forward to attempting to recreate some of the dishes when I return home.
I also found it interesting how I had imagined sushi as a staple of the Japanese diet, but really it's just a treat for them, just like it is for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment