Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Walks and Cars


Day 2 was quite the adventure.  Due to the transition to the different time change, everyone in our hotel room found they were awake by 5am.  We had a meeting with Jetro at 9am, so we had quite a bit of time to kill.  Jane, Joe and I took off for a long walk around the city, in search of breakfast and to view the scenery.    It was surprising to see how shutdown the city was in the early morning.  Even the coffee places were closed until 7am.  So after tromping around the city for a couple hours, the coffee places finally opened, and we were able to get our morning fix.   Also along the walk, I was excited to see another Nissan Skyline, this time it was the R33 model.  Later on the day I came across a very nice looking Nissan Skyline R34, and Nissan Silvia.  I’ve been able to see most of the cars I wanted to see, and I’ve only been here a couple days. I haven’t been able to get any good photographs though which is disappointing, but there is still time!  Speaking of cars, a few of us stumbled across a Aston Martin dealership here too.  The sales people were surprisingly nice, and let us open the car doors and climb in behind the wheel.  Sitting behind the wheel of a $200,000+ vehicle was quite amazing, and I wanted to sit in it for much longer than I did. I'll still dream of squeezing that suede covered steering wheel again, years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment